Breaking

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Security check: Do you tape your webcam?



If you ask me I do, I tape my laptop’s webcam when I don’t use it. It’s even taped now while I write this article. The reason is very simple, I don’t want hackers (be it Black Hat or Government) to get my photos.

Am I the only ONE doing this? A big no.

James Comey, FBI director utters that "he tapes his webcam" (well it seems even FBI director is not secure).

        So he’s a big shot and maybe it’s the reason he does that, what about common people like you? Do you really need it? The answer is YES.

        If you are a penetration tester/hacker you would be well aware of the acronym  RAT(remote access Trojan).Hackers inject this into your computer  through multiple methods and can infiltrate at ease. A lot of things can be don’t using RAT(I’ll post in following articles) and one of them is shooting up photos of you.

Experts recommend you to update your antivirus, browsers and firewalls to escape from this



But I say tape your webcams or face it at other direction.

"While spying on someone's computer is against the laws in most jurisdictions, and use of any illegally obtained information is illegal everywhere, it is difficult to investigate and prosecute many of these crimes. As a result, it is often in one's best interest to police their own affairs on the Internet"


Author :  Sandy                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment